From: port-vax-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost
[mailto:port-vax-owner%NetBSD.org@localhost] On
Behalf Of Martin Husemann
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 04:42
To: port-vax%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Serial console on second port?

I have a Vax Station 4000 M96 and would like to use it with serial
console.
It apparently has two serial ports, one MMJ and another one for the
printer
with a DB25 connector.

Since MMJ adapters (or even connectors) are pretty hard to get hold of
here
(or unreasonable expensive) - is there an easy way to just use the DB25
connector instead?

Thanks,

Martin
P.S.: there seems to be no "console mode switch" to select keyboard or
console
on this machine (like on the M60) - is it hidden somewhere or should I
expect
it to just work?

P.P.S.: I have a SFX graphics, but lacking a video cable for that
(working
on solving that too), so I'm basically blind - please excuse the stupid
newbie questions.