Re: (native build & other issues - Was: xvfb not built on vax...)

Brad Parker wrote:
David Brownlee wrote:
        b) Groff chokes building certain .ps files - I thought Brad had
           tracked that down to a hypot issue, what ever happened with
           that?

mmm.  I found the problem but was unsure that to do.  My fix was to
replace the hypot() call with a "local_hypot()" which did the right
thing but did not cause an exception.

as I recall instead of doing something rational like SIGFPE the low level
hypot code signaled an error with an illegal instruction.

I guess I needed more guidance.  I can go back at it.  I was doing
native builds on a simulated 11/780 at the time and they completed
over night, so it was not hard to set up & test.

Is this something that is built into gcc perhaps? I found some other function that was generated internally by gcc a while ago, and which was wrong.
Maybe we need Matt for this?

        Johnny