Re: Native build...

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008, Hans Rosenfeld wrote:

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 10:58:14PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
I also noted that ssh/scp clients corrupt received data, or maybe they
receive corrupted data.

I wonder if this is specific to ssh or the network interface...

Does it happen if you scp via localhost, and/or can you trigger it by using
nfs over tcp or just downloading via http?

I didn't try that. I have seen corruption when using cvs (suspecting cvs
at first), and then when copying a kernel through scp. I worked around
this by running scp on another machine, so it seems like sshd is not
affected.

        So to clarify - scp run on the vax to fetch a kernel has the
        issue, but scp run on another machine to push the kernel does
        not?

        If you have a chance it would be quite interesting to see if
        you can trigger the issue copying via localhost as mentioned
        previously, plus if copying a kernel *from* the vax (either
        pushing or fetching).

        A final question - is it the same openssh version on the other
        non vax host?