Re: Native build...

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 05:39:38PM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> I notice (with sadness) that native builds still don't work for VAX.

Well, it seems nobody has any idea whats causing this. AFAIU the native
linker produces broken files, while the cross linker does not.

I also noted that ssh/scp clients corrupt received data, or maybe they
receive corrupted data.

> Is anyone looking at this, or is it just me barking out into empty
> space? I'll try to test on a VAX8650 tonight, but just from a
> cross-compiled image.

I currently lack the time to look into this, and I probably also lack
the knowledge to properly analyze and fix it.

Btw, the fixes for SBI Unibus are in -current and 5.0_BETA, it would be
nice to know if they work as expected on the 8650.

Hans

--
%SYSTEM-F-ANARCHISM, The operating system has been overthrown