Re: Native build...

hbent%cs.oberlin.edu@localhost writes:
> On Wed, November 26, 2008 3:26 pm, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> > hbent%cs.oberlin.edu@localhost wrote:

> >> I've seen these "unsupported relocation type" errors when trying to run
> >> large cross-compiled programs.  I figured there was a problem with my
> >> cross-compiling setup, but perhaps that's not the case.
> >
> > Nope. That's a problem that have been around for a long time (atleast
> > four years, and probably longer. I can't even remember anymore).
> > The only places I've seen it is with groff.
> > I've suspected something in c++ for a long time, but I plainly can't get
> > my head around gcc (a combination of too little time also contributes...).
>
> I'm seeing it in glib 2.18.2 which doesn't have any c++ code.  Running
> gtester gives "gtester: Unsupported relocation type 232 in non-PLT
> relocations" and gobject-query gives "gobject-query: Unsupported
> relocation type 72 in non-PLT relocations".
>
> I am using netbsd's patched gcc 4.1.3 with stock binutils 2.19.  Perhaps I
> will switch to netbsd's binutils to see if that makes a difference.

Could folks please add these sorts of additional details to this PR:

 http://gnats.netbsd.org/39182

Hopefully that'll help whoever ends up looking at the issue...

Thanks...

(And yes, I'd like to see vax self-hosting for 5.0... right now a
cross-built netbsd-5 for vax can't build itself natively...)

Later...

Greg Oster