Re: Installing NetBSD on a MicroVax 3900

Johnny Billquist wrote:
Christer O. Andersson skrev:
Also, is there any chance at all that NetBSD 4.0 is going to work?

-Ian

To the best of my knowledge, current works. Including mopd. Don't know
about 4.0.

Bah. Last I tried, I couldn't even compile current for a VAX. Even less if I tried native.

    Johnny

4.0 works, and current works. It (current) even compiles itself, as long
as you're using the 4.0 compiler/toolchain.
I actually did this, last week or so... just for fun, on a 4000/700.
With X11! (don't know why, masochism probably...)
So, i can confirm this.

But, as someone else already pointed out: the new boot loaders ("boot"
and "boot.mop"), do not work since at least 1.6.
I am using the 1.5.3 boot loaders with no problems yet.

(sorry, i've probably never introduced myself. Have been lurking for
years, and i do have a few Vaxen to try NetBSD on, from time to time)

Greetings
ms

--
Michael Schneider                       email:   ms%vaxcluster.de@localhost
Germany                                  http://www.vaxcluster.de

"Es hängt alles irgendwo zusammen. Sie können sich am Hintern ein
 Haar ausreißen, dann tränt das Auge." (Dettmar Cramer)