Re: NetBSD/vax kernel seems stable now

On Thu, 2008-02-21 19:30:36 -0800, Matt Thomas
<matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:
> boot seems broken since it doesn't seem to be able to load kernels.
> (i'm using a boot i build a year ago or so and it works fine).

Does /boot need any special installation or can I just place the (old)
file there and it'll work? This is probably the cause for the
non-booting CURRENT vax install ISOs, too.

I just tested extracting the comp/base/... tarballs in a NetBSD 4
system. This worked quite well (with shared libs et al.), but didn't
boot afterwards. `boot' showed me that it was build yesterday and this
it's probably broken.

What wonders me a bit is that both, the working `boot' as well as
those build today, have CVS revision 1.11, thus they should be
identical?  Will be fun finding the bug then...

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw%lug-owl.de@localhost
+49-172-7608481