Port-sun3 archive

Re: Booting Sun3/50 Diskless from Serving PC

I'm not booting to multi-user mode but it's not quite time to ring the soup bell:

I get two warnings during boot to multi-user mode as follows:
Building databases:
KVM_mkdb: machdep.booted_kernel: the value is not available: no such file or dir

and the second more troublesome one:
mount_nfs: g21:/export/sun350/swap on /swap  not a directory
swapctl: g21:/export/sun350/swap mount failed

/export/sun350/root/etc/fstab has the following line in it for swap:
g21:/export/sun350/swap none swap sw,nfsmntpt=/swap
g21:/export/sun350/root  /       nfs    r,w

Yet, as recommended in the previous e-mail, the directory /export/sun350/root/swap is really there as well as
/export/sun350/swap    this one is a file.  I enlarged it to 16 Mbytes

Sun350 appears to basically running though I'm not sure how it manages to get fully booted in mult-user mode without a swap file. I only have 4Mbytes of memory.