Re: NetBSD Installation on Sun Ultra 25

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 8:46 AM Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 00:25:08 +0200
> Connor McLaughlan <cont6pro3%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > ok boot disk
> > Boot device: /pci@1e,600000/pci@0/pci@9/pci@0/scsi@1/disk@0,0   File
> > and args:
>
> Are you sure you're booting from the correct disk? You mentioned
> installing NetBSD on SATA drive, but you seem to be booting from a SCSI
> disk. I've never used Sun Ultra 25, but with Ultra 10 (and other Sun
> machines) I had to change the default boot device to either IDE or SCSI
> in openboot. There are probe-ide and probe-scsi commands which scan all
> disks, may be different on your machine, not sure.

I think this is a specialty in this case, since it is SATA and not IDE.

The SATA disk gets listed by probe-scsi-all:

ok probe-scsi-all
/pci@1e,600000/pci@0/pci@9/pci@0/scsi@1

MPT Version 1.05, Firmware Version 1.08.03.00

Target 0
Unit 0 Disk ATA ST3360320AS M 703282608 Blocks, 360 GB SATA device PhyNum 0

So boot via disk and /pci@1e,600000/pci@0/pci@9/pci@0/scsi@1/disk@0,0
should be ok.

I will try different partition sizes and drives now.

Regards,
Connor