NetBSD-8.xx fails to boot on ultra 45

Hi,

I read in the mail archives that there are known issues with booting NetBSD 8.0 on the Sun Ultra-45. I tried booting the NetBSD-8.99.35 iso and it also fails. I get to the point where the audio driver is loaded, then the system freezes. In the previous mail thread the kernel stack space usage was suspected to cause this. Any news on this issue? If I want to run NetBSD on my Ultra-45 should I install an older version of NetBSD and then try to build a more recent kernel with increased kernel stack space?

Regards

Magnus