Successful recipe for running NetBSD/sparc64 under Qemu?

Hey folks...

I have some changes I'm working on that I want to test thoroughly on a variety of platforms, but I'm having trouble getting a stable NetBSD/sparc64 setup running under Qemu 3.1.  I didn't have any of these issues with 32-bit sparc.

First of all, using the "hme" driver results in a hard-hang of the guest as soon as you try to use the interface.  Switching to PCI ne2k resolves that issue, and I'm able use the network.

My main issue now is that the cmdide driver is really unstable under any sort of load, it seems.

cmdide0:0:0: lost interrupt
[ 939.0076846]  type: ata tc_bcount: 8192 tc_skip: 0

...over and over...

It's worse when network traffic is happening at the same time.

I tried using Virtio, but using that results in a hard hang of the guest as soon as it tries to mount the root file system.

Host is NetBSD/amd64 running in a VMware container.

Does anyone out there have a recipe they've been successful with?

Thanks!

-- thorpej