Re: Will an Oracle T4-1 run NetBSD (yet)?

On 4 Jun 2018, at 16:53, Palle Lyckegaard <palle%lyckegaard.dk@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2018, Fredrik Pettai wrote:
>
>> Sure, which NetBSD image would you recommend that I try to boot from?
>> (the box has a cdrom-drive)
>
> just grab a recent HEAD build from http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/builds.cgi
>
> http://nycdn.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/201806040210Z/ seems ok for sparc64 today.
>
> alternatively try to boot from a ldom, though not as easy as booting from a cd image

I’m a bit confused, AFAICR, "boot cdrom” at the ok-prompt should suffice…
but it doesn’t seem to work:

{0} ok boot cdrom
.

SPARC T4-1, No Keyboard
Copyright (c) 1998, 2013, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
OpenBoot 4.34.3, 32256 MB memory available…
[…]

results in this message:

Boot device: /pci@400/pci@2/pci@0/pci@4/scsi@0/disk@p6  File and args:
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

Do I need to do something special to get it working?

/P