Re: Memory/data errors

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018, Sad Clouds wrote:

> Mar 15 17:53:42 ultra10 /netbsd: data error type 32 sfsr=0 sfva=425de020 afsr=400008 afva=17ff7b6fbf8 tf=0x1186c7ed0

Trap type 32 is a memory access error fault.  It happens when trying to
access a device fails.

Since the synchronous fault status register (SFSR) is zero, the contents
of SFVA is probably irrelevent.

The AFSR, however, does have interesting values, so the AFVA is probably
valid.  Ths AFSR has the EDP bit set which indicates data parity in the E$
SRAM.  Bit 3 in the syndrome is set pointing to data bits 31-24.

The memory coherence domain on ultrasparc processors is the E$.  Since
neither the UE nor CE bits are set, this is probably not indicative of bad
DRAM.  And the AFSR is not updated when the EDP bit is set.

The EDP bit indicates an ECC error on data read.

I'd say either your E$ SRAM is dying, or some operation is causing the
contents of the E$ SRAM to get corrupted.

Eduardo