Re: Memory/data errors

Hello,

On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 14:26:08 +0000
Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> Hello, I've been seeing various errors and kernel hangs with NetBSD-8
> on Sun Ultra 10. This is a rather old machine, so I'm assuming hardware
> is starting to fail, etc. I did run max diagnostics at openboot and it
> didn't find any issues.

The OF memory test isn't very thorough amd the U10 doesn't have ECC,
just parity if I remember correctly.
My main workhorse is a sparc64 box ( a Blade 2500 ) and I do occasional
work on an Ultra 60 - didn't have any stability issues for quite some
time.

What I'd do is to re-seat the memory modules, maybe the CPU module as
well, probably blow some air through the connectors, see if that helps.
Check if airflow is obstructed by dust, cat hair or whatever - you may
be overheating.

have fun
Michael