Re: Booting sparc64 from SSD

On May 19, 2014, at 12:33 PM, Cameron Berkenpas wrote:

> Hmmm... How are you mounting the drive?  I have an sb2000, and there isn't
> really a place to mount a SATA drive.  I assume the 2500 is very similar.

I have a Sun Blade 2500 (running Solaris 10 1/13 - sorry, have to be in sync
with my work machines) and it has a little cage for 2 SATA drives that have
the disk sleds attached.  (Perfect for running a tidy little ZFS mirror setup.)

If there was some way to jerry-rig an SSD onto a disk sled with an adapter that
presented a SATA 80-pin interface at the other end, it might be possible ...
something like the "Multi-Mount" adapters that OWC sells for their SSDs to fit
into a Mac Pro:

http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_pro/faq/mac-pro-how-to-replace-hard-drive-install-ssd.html

Short of that, however, not sure how you would do it ...

        - Greg