Booting sparc64 from SSD

Looking at my Sun SB2500, I'm thinking of ways to make it less noisy and less power hungry and one of the obvious ones would seem to be replacing the 10k SCSI drives with some SSD.

The mechanical problem of getting everything mounted I can deal with.

But what I would like some advice on is which PCI cards are well suited to being mounted inside the SB2500 and that will support booting from SSD?

This posting:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2002/02/24/0001.html
seems to suggest that it shouldn't be too hard?

Is anyone successfully using SSD inside their SB2500? Including for boot?
Any recommendations on PCI cards?

Cheers,
Darren