re: Any support yet for the UltraSPARC-III?

> I have a V480 currently running Solaris 10, on which I would much prefer
> to run NetBSD.  If necessary, I will go to OpenBSD, but I'd much prefer
> running NetBSD, since that's what I run on all my other hardware.  Is
> there any support in -current?  Is any support forthcoming?  Thanks!

there's a lot of support for US-III* systems in -current.  there's
way too many change to backport them to netbsd 5.x so we have not
tried.  US-IIIi systems so far do not run 100% stable with >1 CPU
enabled, but eg, "cpuctl offline 1" is sufficient to avoid the
problems.

.mrg.