Re: Keyboard Problem with V5.1 on an E4000

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 10:27 PM, matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost>
wrote:

>> avail memory = 981 MB
>> mainbus0 (root): SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise (8-slot Sun Enterprise
>> E4500/E5500): hostid 809db71e
>> cpu0 at mainbus0: SUNW,UltraSPARC-II @ 336 MHz, UPA id 0
>> cpu0: 16K instruction (32 b/l), 16K data (32 b/l), 4096K external (64 b/l)
>> cpu at mainbus0 not configured
>> central at mainbus0 not configured
>> fhc at mainbus0 not configured
>
> i think one of these is the problem.  either central or fhc should
> be attaching something here, and we're missing some of the onboard
> devices attached here.  both serial ports and keyboard are missing
> from these boot logs.
>
> the reason it works with serial console is that pcons attaches.  the
> reason it doesn't work with the keyboard attached is that pcons does
> not attach here, presumably because wsdiplay0 claimed the console?
>
> can you send or link to a prtconf -v or whatever it is from solaris
> that will show the entire OFW device tree?  it would be great to get
> these systems finally supported!
>
> thanks.
>

> .mrg.

# prtconf -D
System Configuration:  Sun Microsystems  sun4u
Memory size: 11264 Megabytes
System Peripherals (Software Nodes):

SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise (driver name: rootnex)
    scsi_vhci, instance #0 (driver name: scsi_vhci)
    packages
        terminal-emulator
        deblocker
        obp-tftp
        disk-label
        ufs-file-system
    chosen
    openprom
        client-services
    options, instance #0 (driver name: options)
    aliases
    memory
    virtual-memory
    central, instance #0 (driver name: central)
        fhc, instance #1 (driver name: fhc)
            eeprom
            zs, instance #0 (driver name: zs)
            zs, instance #1 (driver name: zs)
            clock-board, instance #0 (driver name: sysctrl)
    fhc, instance #7 (driver name: fhc)
        ac, instance #6 (driver name: ac)
        simm-status, instance #5 (driver name: simmstat)
        environment, instance #6 (driver name: environ)
        sram, instance #5 (driver name: sram)
        flashprom
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    fhc, instance #0 (driver name: fhc)
        ac, instance #0 (driver name: ac)
        simm-status, instance #0 (driver name: simmstat)
        environment, instance #0 (driver name: environ)
        sram, instance #0 (driver name: sram)
        flashprom
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    fhc, instance #2 (driver name: fhc)
        ac, instance #1 (driver name: ac)
        simm-status, instance #1 (driver name: simmstat)
        environment, instance #1 (driver name: environ)
        sram, instance #1 (driver name: sram)
        flashprom
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    fhc, instance #3 (driver name: fhc)
        ac, instance #2 (driver name: ac)
        simm-status, instance #2 (driver name: simmstat)
        environment, instance #2 (driver name: environ)
        sram, instance #2 (driver name: sram)
        flashprom
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    fhc, instance #4 (driver name: fhc)
        ac, instance #3 (driver name: ac)
        simm-status, instance #3 (driver name: simmstat)
        environment, instance #3 (driver name: environ)
        sram, instance #3 (driver name: sram)
        flashprom
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    fhc, instance #5 (driver name: fhc)
        ac, instance #4 (driver name: ac)
        simm-status, instance #4 (driver name: simmstat)
        environment, instance #4 (driver name: environ)
        sram, instance #4 (driver name: sram)
        flashprom
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    fhc, instance #8 (driver name: fhc)
        ac, instance #7 (driver name: ac)
        simm-status, instance #6 (driver name: simmstat)
        environment, instance #7 (driver name: environ)
        sram, instance #6 (driver name: sram)
        flashprom
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    SUNW,UltraSPARC-II
    sbus, instance #0 (driver name: sbus)
        SUNW,socal, instance #0 (driver name: socal)
            sf (driver name: sf)
                ssd (driver name: ssd)
            sf (driver name: sf)
                ssd (driver name: ssd)
            sf, instance #4 (driver name: sf)
                ssd, instance #4 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #0 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #1 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #5 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #2 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #3 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #6 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #7 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #8 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #9 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #10 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #11 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #12 (driver name: ssd)
                ssd, instance #13 (driver name: ssd)
                ses
                ses
            sf, instance #0 (driver name: sf)
        cgsix, instance #0 (driver name: cgsix)
        sbusmem, instance #2 (driver name: sbusmem)
        sbusmem, instance #3 (driver name: sbusmem)
        sbusmem, instance #4 (driver name: sbusmem)
    fhc, instance #6 (driver name: fhc)
        ac, instance #5 (driver name: ac)
        environment, instance #5 (driver name: environ)
        flashprom
        eeprom
        sbus-speed
    counter-timer
    sbus, instance #1 (driver name: sbus)
        SUNW,hme, instance #0 (driver name: hme)
        SUNW,fas, instance #0 (driver name: fas)
            sd (driver name: sd)
            st (driver name: st)
            sd, instance #0 (driver name: sd)
            sd, instance #6 (driver name: sd)
        SUNW,socal, instance #1 (driver name: socal)
            sf (driver name: sf)
                ssd (driver name: ssd)
            sf (driver name: sf)
                ssd (driver name: ssd)
            sf, instance #1 (driver name: sf)
            sf, instance #2 (driver name: sf)
        sbusmem, instance #0 (driver name: sbusmem)
        sbusmem, instance #1 (driver name: sbusmem)
    counter-timer
    iscsi, instance #0 (driver name: iscsi)
    pseudo, instance #0 (driver name: pseudo)

--
Michael Thompson