Re: /netbsd: panic: cpu0: ipi_send: couldn't send ipi to UPAID2

Hello again,

> I even started concurrent builds of multiple packages, tarred /
> untarred stuff - the machine got slow, yes, but it was stable, up and
> running with no panics whatsoever.

Okay, as it seems now, I was a bit optimistic. I was not able to
reproduce the issue by creating heavy load on wednesday, but today,
sitting in front of the U60 and using it for normal business, I
witnessed another "cannot send_ipi"-panic.
I was killing some processes when it happened, and the machine's load
was as low as it can be.
The U60 is currently running on a kernel using your second
DELAY()-suggestion,

        DELAY(i & 7);

It seems that this setting does not really solve the problem. Is it
persist with this solution, I will compile the other suggestion,

        DELAY(i < 200 ? 1 : 25);

and check that one under "daily use"-conditions to see whether it
occurs then, too, or not.

I'll keep you posted.

--

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen

  Volkmar Seifert

 eMail-Address  : Volkmar Seifert <vs%nifelheim.info@localhost>
 PGP-Fingerprint: 45AE 9258 C0B2 2F8D D529  3978 5283 3FD1 E97E 64B2
 Website        : http://www.dimensionv.de/
 Blog           : http://blog.nifelheim.info/tech/