Re: /netbsd: panic: cpu0: ipi_send: couldn't send ipi to UPAID2

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 11:02:06PM +1100, matthew green wrote:
> > wild guess:  can you re-seat the cpu modules?  or the ram?  or perhaps
> > try increasing the timeout from 1000 to 10000?  (see ipifuncs.c.)
>
> FWIW, I have seen this happen on my SB1000 as well, only under realy
> heavy load, and in my case not quite reproducable.
>
> I don't see how this could happen though. Maybe we should scale the DELAY()
> slightly with bigger loop counts?

Better to find out what's disabling interrupts for so long and fix it.  If
you set a flag when the timeout hits and add some code at the beginning of
the IPI routine to save the TPC when that flag is set it'll tell you where
the code sequence that's causing the problem resides.

Eduardo