Re: what happened to hme0 ?

2011/2/2 Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost>

On Feb 1, 2011, at 11:21 PM, matthew green wrote:

>> Booting a new custom kernel on my U1 completes seemingly ok, but it has lost
>> its network interface:
>>
>> unidata# ifconfig -a
>> ifconfig: getifaddrs: No such file or directory
>> unidata# ifconfig hme0
>> ifconfig: getifaddrs: No such file or directory
>>

> matt, any chance your PF_ROUTE* change is at fault here?

My guess is that his kernel doesn't have options COMPAT_50 and he
didn't update his userland so the old backwards compatible PF_ROUTE
isn't in his kernel.

Hello again,

User land is from 9 Jan 2011, but COMPAT_50 was absent in the failing kernel.

Adding COMPAT_50 and rebuilding the kernel gives a working hme0 again -- thank you !

regards
Erik

ps: may I suggest to note this in UPDATING?