Re: Elementary UltraSPARC advice needed.

On 1/12/2011 3:22 PM, Mark Benson wrote:

- Is 5.0 or 5.1 stable on UltraSPARC (enough to be useful for an enthusiast)

To follow up with some specific information from an enthusiast's perspective, I ran NetBSD 4 and then 5 on a Netra T1 as a router/firewall on a 12Mbps cable connection for about 3 years and it was rock-solid. It also served as a light-duty DNS, mail, and HTTP server. It seemed (I never did any objective testing) much faster than either Solaris 9 or 10 on the same hardware. The only issue I ever saw was a non-recurring panic that I assumed was the result of a disk that failed soon thereafter.

Cheers,
Bill