Elementary UltraSPARC advice needed.

Hi,
   In the past 5-or-so years I've been a pretty big Sun Microsystems
enthusiast, I own several SPARC and SPARC64 machines of various types. I've
never been much more than a passing enthusiast, and was happy to use free
install of Solaris 10 on my UltraSPARC machines and was very thankful to Sun
for it's support of the community at large. As you will all know here that came
to a screaming halt in 2010 when Sun was acquired by Oracle.

Now I'm faced with a lot of Sun equipment I can't license a Sun OS for, so I
need to look elsewhere.

I use NetBSD on x64 and have used it on a variety of other platforms in the
past (Amiga, Cobalt and Mac68k).

I wanted to know a few things:

- Is 5.0 or 5.1 stable on UltraSPARC (enough to be useful for an enthusiast)
- What is the status of SMP support on SPARC64? The last update on the NetBSD
site is dated 2008.
- Will USB 2.0 and/or IEEE1394 work via PCI bus?

Thanks.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: