Re: Netbooting a sparc64

Eduardo Horvath <eeh <at> NetBSD.org> writes:

> First, you need to tell us if you're netbooting to install a system on a
> disk or plan to use NFS root.  The answers may be different in each case.

Ah... okay I am just learning my way into NetBSD. I am trying to netboot the
sparc64 machine to install NetBSD onto disks installed in the sparc64 machine.

> Also I think you can skip the whole NFS mess and load the kernel using
> TFTP if you use "/tftp:netbsd-INSTALL.gz" for the filename.

Hey now that would make this job a lot simpler! Just to be clear... do you mean
that I would use that filename as a file option to be passed to ofwboot from the
OpenBoot prompt, i.e.
ok  boot net:dhcp,192.168.1.2,ofwboot /tftp:netbsd-INSTALL.gz  ?

Or do you mean that I would configure that filename in udhcpd.conf as an option
for the DHCP server to return when ofwboot makes the DHCP request, i.e.
option tftp 192.168.1.2
boot_file /tftp:netbsd-INSTALL.gz  ?

Is there any way to command ofwboot from the Boot: prompt after it is running to
retrieve netbsd-INSTALL.gz from the TFTP server?