Re: Netra X1 IDE controller/disk issues

On May 11, 2010, at 17:43, Michael wrote:
On May 11, 2010, at 17:14, Michael wrote:
I'd try a different, known good cable before anything else.

'been in there forever' is what makes cables go bad, being used or not makes little to no difference.

Not that it was the highest of anyones suspected causes, but I've now pulled 2 other (longer, but previously-known-good) ATA100+ IDE cables from another machine, and each yields a working disk with the same issue when I attempt to newfs it.

So, the next question falls to, is there anything that anyone can think to try? Or is it just a lost cause, and I should assume that only one of my disks will run in Ultra-DMA mode?

  Thanks.

                             - Chris