Re: Naturetech 888P (mostly) working

On Thu, 28 May 2009 12:15:19 -0400
Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
[...]
> On May 28, 2009, at 11:22 AM, T. M. Pederson wrote:
[...]
> > There's a few things that aren't quite all there yet, though. While a
> > GENERIC kernel works fairly well, one with cbb enabled doesn't.
>
> Yeah, I have the same issue with my UltraBook - I'm going to fix it at
> some point. Right now I'm more concerned with getting a disk into the
> machine though.

I can understand that. :-) I'm going to prod at cbb a little at least,
and see what I can come up with. Currently, I'm getting:
panic: rbus_pccbb_parent_io: extent is not initialized
I presume this is what you run into as well?

> > Also, the onboard keyboard is rather unresponsive under wscons; it
> > drops ~20%
> > of events. I've been mostly using an external keyboard instead.
>
> Weird. Does it show up as Sun keyboard or is it USB or something
> completely different?

It shows up as a USB keyboard.

> > Xorg on this box is just plain weird. The 888P has a 1400x1050 LCD
> > display, but Xorg will only drive it at 1024x768. And Xorg.0.log shows
> > that Xorg claims the builtin display is a CRT on the (external) VGA
> > connector.
>
> Does it support DDC2? If not then Xorg probably assumes some low
> resolution generic monitor and you need to add HorizSync / VertRefresh
> options to your Monitor section.

DDC2 at the very least isn't working. The logs show it registered and
removed.

I've added all sorts of detail to the various sections in xorg.conf. Xorg
seems to be completely ignoring it all.