Re: SMP bugs ( was Re: Severe deadlock issues with 5.0/MP )

Hi,

> I see them under heavy load, but I'm not so sure anymore.
> This time I got a PC address which was nowhere near locore.s and an
> nPC that didn't make any sense at all ( being PC + 0x10 with no branch
> anywhere near that could do this )
> I need to read more about OpenFirmware's debugging stuff, maybe I was
> on the wrong CPU.

I was tending toward hardware, after reading messages similar to:

  http://markmail.org/message/irop2we4mclu7eas
  http://markmail.org/message/iqalxxkv4bowksk2

I haven't tried the "f8002010 wector p" command mentioned yet.  Other
messages also suggest memory problems.  ".trap-registers" was mentioned as
a maybe useful OFW command.

> Also, is what OF reports as 'Watchdog Reset' always an SIR?

In this case "Externally Initiated Reset" is an XIR.  Not sure when it can
happen on a U60 though - hardware watchdog and CPU trap when traps are
disabled - maybe others?

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/