From: Bruce O'Neel [mailto:netbsd%pckswarms.ch@localhost]
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 10:54 AM
To: Gabriel J. Michael
Cc: port-sparc64%NetBSD.org@localhost
Subject: Re: SCA SCSI drives for Ultra 1

Hi,

While I don't have an ultra 1, I do have both an Ultra 2 and
a whole mess of SparcStations (4, 5s, and 20s).

All of them take SCA drives, and, I've put everything from the
orig 1G all the way up to 140GB or so drives in all of them.

I'll admit that in the SparcStation 4 140GB is effectively infinite
since it's slow enough that I'll likely never wait long enough
to fill the disk.

Currently the Ultra 2 has 74 and a 140GB sca drives, and I'm running
a SparcStation 20 with a 36GB drive in it.

My *guess* is that any 80 pin SCA drive will fit and run, and will
probably run ok.

If it's not too expensive then it's worth a shot.

cheers

bruce