Re: fastest UltraSPARC hardware NetBSD runs on?

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 00:10:14 -0700
Erik Fair <fair%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> Acer Labs M7101 Power Management Controller (miscellaneous
> prehistoric) at pci1 dev 3 function 0 not configured
I have support for this in the pipeline. But propper i2c support for
sparc64 will need adaption of MI i2c interfaces.[1]
So I will not commit it to -current before the 5.0 branch.
http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/NetBSD/iic.patch.gz
(This is a bit older and may not apply without manual intervention.)

[1] Normaly i2c does not support bus enumeration. But the i2c bus on
sparc64 is argumented by OFW and thus supports bus enumeration.
So all MI i2c drivers must be extended to support direct configuration.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen