Re: I2O on sparc64 [Also on alpha] (Was: Re: mlx on sparc?)

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008, Doom Warrior wrote:

I think I have a mlx card at home. I will give it a try on my
Sparc64-box as soon as I'm back at home.
How can I reproduce this issue? Just put a mlx into the box and boot?
Must be something configured or a drive attached?

This was fixing the iop(4) I2O driver, not the mlx (which was the original top of the thread). The mlx should work, once it's configured. Configuring it is the tricky part. It requires a stand-alone Raid Configuration Utility, which I'm not aware of being available for Sun. I've used the alpha version, and I've seen the Intel version.

I've got access to an mlx board, an Ultra 10, and both i386 and alpha machines that could run the RCU. I may try configuring the controller on an alpha or i386 and see if it works after transferring to the Ultra 10.

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant