Working compat_netbsd32

Hi guys, could anyone eloaborate on if and when compat_netbsd32 would be
working on sparc64 (including threaded applications)? For example, I'd like
to build KDE and other packages as 32-bit binaries and run them under
compat_netbsd32. I have never been able to do that, is anyone working on
these problems, are there many broken things that need fixing?

Thanks.

PS. the biggest reason why I need compat_netbsd32 is due to software that is
not 64-bit clean. I've been trying to build x11/qt4-libs on sparc64 and one
of the qt tools crashes with "Bus error" during build stage. I have reported
the problem to trolltech, but who knows how long it will take them to
investiage and fix the open source version of qt4-libs. And there are other
packages that have similar problems.