Re: hme goes down with SENTFRAME,RXTERR

Hi,

> I wonder if a similar fix needs to be applied in some cases to our hme
> driver.  However, the hme is simpler, so only a full reset may be possible,
> which will discard all pending packets (as per ifconfig down/up).

I've modified the HME driver (slightly) to log receive errors and also to
reset the interface on receipt of RXTERR.  However, I can't easily reproduce
the interface lockup (I've only seen it once).

Is anyone who sees the interface lockups able to test the change (patch or
a new kernel)?  Even better, has anyone got an MII transceiver hooked up to
an HME interface?

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/