Re: kernel's borked again

Michael Lorenz (Mittwoch, 18. Juni 2008 23:55):
> Hello,
>
> On Jun 18, 2008, at 15:11, Rafal Boni wrote:
> >>
> >> Still happens. I also deleted everything in the build directory and
> >> tried again in case I've got rubbish there but still no luck.
> >>
> >> There's no output from the kernel at all, the loader finishes loading
> >> and the next thing you see is Fast Instruction Access MMU Miss.
> >
> > bootloader incompatibility?  did kernel size cross some magic
> > threshold?
>
> Good question. My kernel is considerably smaller than GENERIC though.
> The loader is from -current about half a year ago.
now that you say this: I recognized my ultra sparc 5 printing this error
message when attempting to load kernels >8MB
I would check wheather the size just crossed one power to 2

aktually, if your boot-promt prints stats while loading (hex), just compare
the last prined size (weather it matches against the size of the kernel
and/or weather it's just a power of 2 - it's kind of uncommon a kernel just
has eg a size of exactely 8M)