genfb not working on E250 with Raptor GFX card

Hi there,

I'm trying to install NetBSD on an E250 with a PCI Raptor VGA card.
When I boot -current, it outputs messages up to the point where it
attaches genfb.  After that, right when the first message is printed
through the genfb functions instead of through ofw, the top quarter
of the screen turns black with a few 2x2 white squares dotted at the
bottom line of this black section.  After this, there is no more
output.  When I hit Stop-A, and start typing, I see the dots move.

I then tried booting a kernel with genfb disabled, but that boots up
to a point where it wants to know what kind of keyboard I have:

If you are using a SUN type 4 keyboard, please enter "sun-type4".
Terminal type (just hit ENTER for 'sun'): _

Unfortunately, pressing keys on my sun keyboard does not result in
anything happening on-screen.  Strangely, when I press Stop-A at this
prompt, it drops to ddb like it should, and I can enter stuff normally
there.

I traced the problem with the above (on current with no genfb) to be
that wskbd tries to deliver the keypress event to wscons (wskbd.c:652
in wskbd_input), but it only does this if there's a screen set up.
So if I understand this correctly, fixing the genfb issue would also
mean my keyboard would work again :)

When I try to boot NetBSD-4.0 I get the same behaviour as a -current
without genfb (ie, it asks for keyboard type but nothing happens).

I have no idea how to debug the genfb issue.  I tried reverting the
changes I found in the CVS changelog (especially after reading last
month's announcement by macallan), but none of these fixed the problem.

I don't understand enough of wscons and autoconf yet to hook up
wsdisplay to the console so that the keyboard will work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Peter
--