Subject: Re: pkgsrc gcc3 vs. sparc64?
To: Andrey Petrov <petrov@netbsd.org>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 06/30/2003 19:45:35
In message <20030630230622.GA21553@NetBSD.ORG>, you write:

-> On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 06:30:47PM -0400, Rafal Boni wrote:
[..gcc3 woes...]
->
-> I don't know how to fix it properly so workarounds:
-> 	configure with --disable-shared so there will be no libgcc_s.so,
-> or
-> 	set TARGET_LIBGCC2_CFLAGS to usual -fPIC -DPIC in gcc/Makefile (after c
-> onfigure),
-> 	(there will be PIC penalty for libgcc_s.a).

Ah, so I assume I'm not the only one seeing this! That's a good start :-)
I'll try rebuilding with one of those suggestions.

-> I think ideally we should support multilib build and have both 32 and 64
-> bit libraries, I looked there a little but put it off. And I also saw
-> another issue arisen from gcc33 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/
-> 2003/02/12/0023.html

Hmm, supporting both 32 and 64-bit libraries would indeed be nice, but
it's nice to want (esp. since I don't have the time to beat on gcc :-)

Thanks for the workarounds and the pointer to the other problem (I knew
one of you or Martin would have tripped over this before! :-).

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill