Re: SS20 up and running with 10.0

Hi Michael!

Michael wrote:
Hmm, I have very recent -current on two SS20s, one with 2x SM81, no
problems there, easily survived building its own kernel.
The other one has two 150MHz hypersparcs, which did cause problems in
the past. It had two 125MHz hypersparcs before, which was mostly
stable. There have been weird issues with hypersparcs before.

what should I do with this SS20? My HyperSPARCs are precious... and SMP seems unusable. Could we try debugging this? or should I wipe and install 9.4, hoping it is no worse (or better) than 9.3?

Maybe Romain is still around... I don't know if he was into HyperSPARCs

In the meanwhile... except the first hiccup, 10.0 proves stable on Netra T1 (single-processr though) but also 9.4 very stable on SS10 with 2x SuperSPARC.. I will write in detail a thank you post, but it compiles for days without issues. Before it was running 8 and was stable, the SS20 with 9.3 was usable but unstable.

I start to think that it is a SS20 and/or HyperSPARC SMP issue which got worse in 10.0

Riccardo