Re: svn - cannot allocate mem

I got it running now and were doing the same things in parallel, compiling the same sources.... takes a lot more, but it means it will do similar operations. (ssh, running git & svn which appears always critical, compiling with gcc many source files) Up to now, it completed the same stuff and did not get the issue.. I did run more hours compiling, all fine. I just shut it down for the weekend now.

Just curious - how much memory and how much swap do the two different machines have? Which software were you compiling?

Now I don't know if is so exactly reproducible, but it may be a hint. It seems to affect the SS20 and a major difference is the dual CPU presence.

Running two compiles on two processors at the same time will take more memory than running one, of course. Sometimes it's easy to forget that -j (number of CPUs) only works if we have enough memory. I forget all the time Raspberry Pis with four cores and 1 gig of memory.

John