Re: SPARCStation VSIMM

Le jeu. 21 oct. 2021 à 18:31, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> a écrit :
> There are a few other options to get 24bit graphics on an ss20,
> although they're also mostly made of unobtainium:

That's the issue :-(

While we're on the subject of support; some GX documentation on the
FBC and TEC have surfaced at bitsavers:
<http://bitsavers.org/components/lsiLogic/sparc/GX/>
They might be helpful to drivers' writers.

I've no idea whether that would enable the (T)GX to support some
Xrender acceleration, and if not what would be needed in the hardware
(... in case I want to add  some Xrender support to my own
framebuffer).

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau