Re: SPARCStation VSIMM

>> Recyclers claiming to have [SS20 VSIMMs] cancel my orders and
>> there's been nothing on eBay in over a year, [...]

:-(  I have only two, as far as I know, and they're in live use.  I
don't know what I'll do if either one breaks.

But it occurs to me to wonder, is enough known about them for someone
to build a workable replacement?  With the various tech advancements
since they were first done, it seems likely to me that it is just a
question of finding (or reverse-engineering) enough documentation to
figure out the interfaces - has anyone looked into that?

As a possible alternative, I have, elselist, seen someone write of
building completely new SBus hardware that, among other things, I
*think* included a framebuffer.  I don't recall too many details, but,
if it ever reaches the point where a small fab run could be done, I'm
sure they'd be popular with people like you (and, if documented enough,
maybe even me).  I'll ask after its current state.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign