Re: OpenSSL issues with 9.2

Hello,

On Tue, 13 Jul 2021 17:29:10 +0900 (JST),
Nobuyoshi SATO <nobu-s%iwate-pu.ac.jp@localhost> wrote:

>> So, I changed bn.inc to avoid to use bn-sparc.S in sun4m and sun4c
>> as following, this works well in my SS20:
>> ---8<-------8<----
>> .if ${MACHINE} == "sparc64"
>> .PATH.S: ${.PARSEDIR}
>> # XXX bn-sparcv8plus.S doesn't work well. why?
>> BN_SRCS = bn-sparcv8.S
>> AFLAGS.bn-sparcv8.S+= -Wa,-Av9
>> .endif
>> .include "../../bn.inc"
>> ---8<-------8<----
>>

>> In addition, crypto.inc also has similar change that
>> .if ${MACHINE} == "sparc64" is removed and some sparcv9 codes
>> are used, however, this seem to have no bad effect at least
>> in the SS20.
>
> This is my mistake. Using 9.2's crypto.inc seem to result evil
> CPU lock up when accepting ssh connection and STOP+A is needed
> to recover. So please ****do not try**** only changes of bn.inc
> above.
>
> Now trying crypto.inc as following:
> ----8<--------8<----
> .PATH.S: ${.PARSEDIR}
> .PATH.c: ${.PARSEDIR}
> CPUID = yes
> CPUID_SRCS += sparccpuid.S sparcv9cap.c
> CPPFLAGS += -DOPENSSL_CPUID_OBJ
>
> .if ${MACHINE} == "sparc64"
> CPUID_SRCS += sparcv9-mont.S sparcv9a-mont.S
> CPUID_SRCS += sparct4-mont.S vis3-mont.S
> #CPPFLAGS += -DOPENSSL_BN_ASM_MONT
> AFLAGS.sparcv9-mont.S+= -Wa,-Av9
> AFLAGS.sparcv9a-mont.S+= -Wa,-Av9a
> AFLAGS.sparct4-mont.S+= -Wa,-Av9a
> AFLAGS.vis3-mont.S+= -Wa,-Av9a
> .endif
>
> .include "../../crypto.inc"
> ----8<--------8<----
>
> Note that in 9.1, sparccap.c is used instead of sparcv9cap.c.
> Result of above crypto.inc and sparccap.c/sparcv9cap.c will be
> reported later.

Using sparcv9cap.c results to failure to buildworld. so I modified
CPUID_SRCS setting in crypto.inc like:
----8<--------8<----
CPUID_SRCS += sparccpuid.S
.if ${MACHINE} == "sparc64"
CPUID_SRCS += sparcv9cap.c
.else
CPUID_SRCS += sparccap.c
.endif
CPPFLAGS += -DOPENSSL_CPUID_OBJ

Finally, build setting on 9.1 was just restored for 32 bit
CPUs...

Lecturer / Faculty of Software & Info. Sci., Iwate Prefectural Univ.
Nobuyoshi Sato, Ph.D / nobu-s%iwate-pu.ac.jp@localhost / +81-19-694-2612