Re: Sparc IPX fun

Matt Wallis <mattw%madmonks.org@localhost> writes:

> I wonder if I can get it to upgrade itself :-p pkgin work on NetBSD
> 4.0? :-)

Probably not, but the normal appraoch is to update the base system
(kernel/user) and then updated packages, so you can do a manual pkg_add
-u of pkgin and anything it depends on, and then do pkgin.

Be careful about possible changes in bootblocks.  I do not know if the 4
boot blocks will boot a 9 kernel.   Definitely you want to boot a more
modern kernel before installing its corresponding userland.

If you have the ability to netboot a 9 system over NFS, that will help
you get out of any trouble you end up in.