Re: OpenSSL issues with 9.2

> On 31 May 2021, at 20:29, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>

> Matt Wallis <mattw%madmonks.org@localhost> writes:
>
>>> On 25 May 2021, at 20:30, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:
>>> If you get core files, it should be very simple to pinpoint the wrong
>>> instruction with gdb. Even simpler if you installed the debug sets.
>
> You may wish to do your own build without as much optimization, of
> perhaps just openssl.   This can be done cross on a fast machine, via build.sh.

Have been working to this end, but hadn’t quite made it there yet.

I did however open a ticket on the OpenSSL GitHub, and just had someone
comment that they were seeing the same issue on armv7 under Linux. He
did have a memory access failure in his backtrace that I did not see, but it is
the same SIGABRT when assert (*wnumtop) == 0.

So, will see how it progresses there, it may be a more general issue with
OpenSSL.

Thanks,

Matt.