Re: "coprocessor instruction" kernel messages in netbsd-9/sparc?

> Following an update to the latest 9.1_STABLE on one of my SS5
> machines, I'm seeing messages like:

> [  44.7605165] coprocessor instruction

> This seems to be related to the recent pull-up of OpenSSH 1.1.1k

I did once see some software that failed to build for me because it
probed for a compiler option -mcpu=ultrasparc, but, if the compiler
accepted it, decided it was correct to use it.  Of course, this
exploded on a non-UltraSPARC SPARC.

This leads me to wonder if perhaps someone got sloppy in some related
respect?  Not that particular mistake, presumably, but perhaps
something along analogous lines?  I don't know what SPARC models have
any coprocessors implemented....

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign