Re: Are we the last ones?

Hello,

On Mon, 11 May 2020 16:51:28 +0100
David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 May 2020 at 19:38, Chase Rayfield <cusbrar2%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:

> > If someone wanted to look at that for a few bucks and get newer
> > Linux kernel working also I'd be happy to chip in as I'd like to
> > keep at least two modern OSs going on these. I suppose I should
> > load up the latest NetBSD and make sure all the wierd graphics
> > cards work since I have a couple (AG10E finally, Rasterflex HR,
> > TGX, and SX 8MB). I want to get the expansion box working too. I
> > have several SS1000e and enough parts to fully build at lease one
> > fully kitted but haven't gotten around to it yet.
>
> I think framebuffer support is pretty reasonable on NetBSD (including
> antialised console fonts and X11 support where relevant), but would be
> fascinating to see how it handles some of your more unusual cards :)

From that list:
- agten kernel driver should Just Work(tm), xf86-video-ag10e needs
  porting to exa. Easy enough, the 24bit part is a GLint so that code
  can be pretty much copied from pm2. Wsfb should at least give you
  24bit and a hardware cursor.
- TGX ( did you mean tcx? tgx is plain old cg6. We do use additional
  VRAM on (t)gx+ boards for font caching and such ) and SX have kernel
  and accelerated X support
- Rasterflex anything is unsupported for lack of hardware in my
  hands ;) but might work with genfb at sbus.

have fun
Michael