Re: Are we the last ones?

At Wed, 6 May 2020 19:22:59 +0200, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola%libero.it@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Are we the last ones?

> Just curiosity.
>
> Generally, Big Endian quality in software is suffering, I use PPC, it is
> hard there on Debian...
>
> I am mainly using my SPARCS for compiling software and finding these
> bgus. SPARC is very sensitive about struct acces, uninitialized
> pointers, it is a "bug hunter" :-P

Hi Riccardo!

I agree -- sparc is a good platform for bug hunting (and PPC and Alpha),
though perhaps not quite as good as more modern tools like valgrind (if
only we had that working properly on NetBSD!).

I still have some sparc 32-bit hardware, but not the time to work with
it at the moment.  I don't know how much of it will still keep the smoke
inside the wires when next powered on either.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>