Re: Re (2): SparcStation 2 POST

>> I've just come to acquire two SparcStation 2s.  ...
>> ... at least give me some reassuring POST results
>> (via the keyboard LEDs) and then hopefully I can move on to serial
>> console and net-booting NetBSD.
> Working SS 2 with a color graphics card here.  About ten years ago,
> purchased an adapter cable with a DB13W3 connector and a DE15.

Yes, they are relatively easy to find.

However, I'd suggest using serial console.  If you don't connect a
keyboard, the ROM code will switch to serial console, and there are
some failure modes which produce output on the serial but nothing on
video.  (Not surprising; serial hardware is a great deal simpler than
video hardware and is concomitantly more reliable.)

For routine use, yes, use video (if you have it and want it).  For
early debugging, on Suns of that era, nothing beats serial.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign