Re: Ross 511-6526 mbus modules

Hi,

Michael wrote:
These are 2x 125MHz HyperSPARC-B IIRC, with no L1 data caches but 256kB
L2 each.

should be the same I have. I never tried NetBSD, I did run them with solaris 2.6 for years without issues. I have one double module. The SS20 runs reasonably better than the SS10 in my opinion (dust well.. never hurts).

OpenBSD proved instead unreliable on HyperSPARC (= dit not work) and then the module apparently failed. I don't know if the OS can cause a module to fail or if it died after years (including overheating?), I fear something in the cache controller or so.

Riccardo