hardware question: scsi disk and SS10

Hi,

I still need to try all your suggestions you gave for the boot partition. I will probably direclty install 6.1.5, since Martin wrote me that it should support SMP fine, thus it is useless to work with 4.x.

I want to put a newer disk in my sparcstation 10, the one I had up to now is a 4GB disk, 50pin, which are exceedingly rare to find.
Anybody has a SS10?

68pin wide disks are easier to find, actually I got a "new old stock". I have a 68-50pin SCSI adapter (and just to be sure I bought one off ebay which is specified to have termination). - The disk is seen (probe-scsi and is bootable) if inside an external enclosure - The disk is seen (probe-scsi and is bootable) if put inside another SparcStation, an older IPC - The disk is not seen and can't be booted if connected to the internal connectors of the SparcStation 10, I tried both connectors

has anybody attempted something like this? I tried a bit with the HDD configuration pins. I suspect it is a termination problem, because the SS10 is tricky about that. Any hints? I guess many of you start to have problems if using these older sparcs, if you use them at all. The disk does work in the SCSI-1 compatibility mode, since it works in the enclosure or the IPC. Perhaps the SS10 is trying to run it in "fast scsi or something"?
I still point to termination though.

SCA-80 discs are easier to find apparently., so SS4/SS5/SS20 and Ultras don't suffer from this.

Riccardo