Re: hardware question: scsi disk and SS10

Hello,

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 00:01:56 -0800
Erik Fair <fair%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Nov 10, 2014, at 20:56, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>
> > Yeah, those hme/wide scsi boards are really nice. Might want to look
> > for QLogic ( 'Antares' ) boards too - that would give you UW-SCSI, I’m using one of those in my U1 ( isp* at
> > sbus? )
>
> Are you getting 40MB/s observed performance from it, or a reasonable percentage thereof?

I /think/ I've seen ~35MB/s. Didn't play with it recently though so my memory might be wrong.

> I think that would more than saturate the Sbus if you did.

You'd think a 25MHz SBus should be able to do a little bit more than that.
I never put that card into the SS20 though.

> I used to run one of those in an SS20 under NetBSD, and I recall having to hack some of
> the Sbus initialization parameters to get acceptable performance out of it, on advice from Matt
> Jacob who wrote the isp driver. I don’t recall if those changes ever got committed.

Probably burst sizes?

have fun
Michael