Re: sun4m cgfourteen sx wscons issues

Hello,

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 17:26:29 +0200
victor%bubbleverse.eu@localhost wrote:

> However, the kernel you uploaded produces a correctly working wscons
> screen. X isn't working correctly yet, so i guess the
> xf86-video-suncg14 driver needs similar changes.

I finally got around to hack up the Xorg driver:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/macallan/sparc/suncg14_drv.so.1.gz

Please give it a try.

If it works properly please enable Xrender acceleration ( Option
"XRender" "true" in the Device section ) and run x11perf -aaftext.
I'm curious if there are any performance differences between r25 and
r27 SX.
Xrender support isn't complete, just enough to draw icons, anti-aliased
text etc. in gtk2 and QT3 applications. What's missing is mostly stuff
like transformations and some mask operations.

have fun
Michael